The Men in Motion company helps boys ages 10-13 to develop confidence and leadership skills through dance and movement. Activities are specially crafted to engage the unique energies and interests of young men who are ready to be a part of a team!
Founded by Director Chris McCord, an alumnus of Moving in the Spirit, this program is rooted in mutual respect and helps young men cultivate resilience, accountability, and positive self-identity.
Men in Motion students:
- Train 1 hour 45 minutes minimum, weekly
- Take classes based in hip hop and fusion styles
- Learn to improvise and create choreography with peers
- Train with guest artists who conduct workshops, set choreography, and serve as role models
- Participate in group mentoring activities and field trips.
- Participate in multiple performances throughout the school year
- Are eligible to audition for the Moving in the Spirit Ambassador Team
All Men in Motion members sign a “commitment contract” outlining their goals and responsibilities for the program year.