Created to empower young women, this training program encourages self-expression, increases students’ dance technique, and cultivates positive identity and resilience.
GLOW in Motion members:
- Dance four hours (minimum) weekly
- Study ballet, modern, contemporary, West African dance, jazz and hip-hop
- Create choreography with their peers
- Train with guest artists who conduct workshops, set choreography, and serve as role models performance and structures
- Present works they co-create in multiple performances throughout the program year
- Are eligible to audition for the Moving in the Spirit Ambassador Team
How to join GLOW in Motion:
Participation in GLOW in Motion is by invitation only.
- Students interested in joining GLOW in Motion should enroll FIRST in the appropriate Girls in Motion or Girls in Motion II class (based on age), which is part of our Stepping Stones program. Enrollment in an additional Movement Lab is also strongly suggested.
- During the week of October 11-17, 2023, members of Moving in the Spirit’s Program Team will visit all Stepping Stones classes to assess students and select who will be invited to join GLOW in Motion
- Selected students will have until the week of October 23rd to accept the invitation to join GLOW in Motion and be present in class.
If selected, the training schedule is as follows:
- GLOW in Motion Ballet (Tuesdays, 5:15 PM – 6:30 PM)
- GLOW in Motion Rhythmic Fusion (Tuesdays, 6:30 – 7:30 PM)
- GLOW in Motion Modern (Thursdays, 5:15 PM – 6:30 PM)
- GLOW in Motion Modern (Thursdays, 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM)
*Students not placed in GLOW in Motion can still take classes and perform with Moving in the Spirit. Moving in the Spirit is structured so that there is a class for everyone. Our program team will place you in an appropriate-level class so that you can build your technique and prepare for next year’s assessment.